2019 Conference Registration
To register at the member price, you will need to login first, then click the appropriate the registration form.
Registration Forms: All registration is online.
- Pre-registration for LMEA members ($65.00)
- Registration for non-members ($85.00)
- Board Members
- Collegiate Members ($15.00)
- Retired Members
- Registration for LMEA members ($80.00 AFTER pre-registration deadline)
Registration Deadlines: There are two (2) deadlines.
- Directors with All-State students must complete their conference registration by October 22, 2019.
- Pre-registration for all other LMEA members is November 1, 2019.
- On-site registration (not discounted) is also available.
The conference schedule will be available approximately one month before conference or as soon as it is finalized. However, to help with your planning, the following is a general schedule:
|Thursday – Saturday||Elementary and Choir sessions, concerts|
|Friday – Sunday||Orchestra and Jazz sessions, concerts|
|Saturday – Monday||Band sessions, concerts|
|Sunday – Monday
|Note: CNAfME members are welcome at all sessions|
LMEA Conference MOBILE APP
Download Guidebook before the conference. Scan the URL at registration to download the latest conference information and schedule.
The conference hotel is Crowne Plaza Executive Center, 4728 Constitution Ave., Baton Rouge. There is a block of rooms available at this hotel beginning Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. and available until November 1st (or until the block is filled).
Exhibits will be set up in the Atrium on Friday morning. Information will be available to All-State members and their parents throughout the conference.
For companies interested in displaying at the LMEA Professional Development Conference, please select menu link for more information.
2019 Exhibit times:
|Friday, November 22||11:00 am – 4:00 pm & 5:00 – 6:30 pm|
|Saturday, November 23||10:00 am – 2:45 pm & 4:00 – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday, November 24||9:00 am – 2:00 pm|
|Monday, November 25||9:00 am – Noon|
Four awards are presented each year at the Annual Professional Development Conference. If you would like to nominate someone, you must be an active member of LMEA and must complete the application process by the deadline. Click links for additional information.
- LMEA Hall of Fame. This award honors LMEA members, active, retired, or deceased, who have made a significant contribution to music education, LMEA, and are regarded as professional leaders in music education in Louisiana. Nominations for the Hall of Fame must be submitted to the Hall of Fame Committee by May 1, 2019.
- Outstanding Young Music Educator. One or more young music educators will be honored with this award. They must have completed at least one, but not more than five years of teaching, and meet the other criteria outlined in the nomination process. All nominations, including all required attachments, must be received by September 1, 2019.
- 25 Year Service Pin. Directors who have been active LMEA members for 25 years can choose to have an LMEA 25 Year Pin presented to them either before the All-State Band Concert or the All-State Choir Concert. You must complete the online 25 Year Pin Form by November 15, 2019.
- Outstanding Administrator. An outstanding school principal, assistant principal, superintendent, and/or assistant/associate superintendent who has demonstrated a commitment to high-quality arts education will be honored. The deadline for nominating someone is May 1, 2019.
Submitting a proposal to present a 2019 LMEA Conference Session:
Deadline for submitting a proposal to present a session at the 2019 LMEA Professional Development Conference is June 10, 2019.
Information about submitting a conference session proposal.