Purpose: To recognize and honor outstanding school principals, assistant principals, superintendents, and/or assistant or associate superintendents who demonstrate support for and commitment to high-quality arts education programs in their schools. The influence of such administrators is a major factor in improving music education in school systems across the state. This award is not intended to honor music supervisors, music coordinators, etc.
- The school or school district under the administrator’s supervision must have an exemplary music program, with the majority of the music staff holding LMEA membership.
- The administrator must have served in the administrative position in the same school or district for no less than three years.
- The administrator must be an active advocate for arts education in the school and community.
- A financial commitment to music programs must be demonstrated in the school or school district.
- The administrator must show strong leadership, good school management, and good rapport with teachers, parents, students, and other administrators.
How to nominate an administrator: Nominators must submit the following documents, either online or by mail, for each administrator.
- Completed 2020 School Administrator Nomination Form, completed and signed by the nominator
- Resume of nominated administrator
- Two letters of support, including one from a member of the music faculty in the administrator’s school district
- A picture of the administrator suitable for publicity purposes
- Name and address of the administrator’s local newspaper, television, and radio station where applicable
- Additional support materials such as press clippings if available
Deadline: May 1st