Purpose: To recognize young music educators for their outstanding impact on student learning. This award may be presented to one or more individuals new to the profession who have served their students, communities, and profession in an exemplary manner. Nominees must have completed one year but not more than five years of teaching and be a member of LMEA. Nominations must be submitted by an LMEA member. Nominee’s Qualifications:
- Must be an LMEA member in good standing
- Must have completed one year, but not more than five years of teaching
- Must have high professional and ethical standards
- Must have a commitment and dedication to his or her students
- Must have met the needs and interests of students, having brought about positive results in learning
- Must have enthusiasm for teaching, love for music, and a desire to further the musical education of his or her students
- Must have shown motivation toward professional growth and development
- May not be a past recipient
Presentation: Plaques will be presented prior to one of the following concerts:
- All-State Choir Concert on Saturday of the Annual Professional Development Conference
- All-State Orchestra Concert on Sunday of the Annual Professional Development Conference
- All-State Concert Band Concert on Monday of the Annual Professional Development Conference
How to Nominate a Young Music Educator: To nominate a young teacher for this award all of the following documents must be signed and submitted together, either online or by mail.
- Submit the nomination form and supporting documentation using the online form. (Form will be available beginning April 1.
- Supporting documentation includes: 1. A letter of nomination from an LMEA member, including a description of the nominee’s qualifications for the award (based on the list above). Sign, scan, and upload it when submitting the nomination form.2. Two additional letters of support from persons familiar with the nominee’s work. These letters may be from an administrator, colleague, parent, or community member. Sign, scan, and upload it when submitting the nomination form.
Deadline: All nominations and supporting documentation must be received by September 1st.