Important Dates and Audition Location
- Audition date and location will be set by each district. Check your district calendar.
- All recorded auditions must be received by the Jazz Division Chair by Thursday, September 28, 2017.
- $15 per audition paid to the district. District Director will submit a single district check for all audition entries to the Jazz Division Chair.
- All forms related to All-State auditions for jazz band can be found under All-State -> Forms: All-State
- There is a single audition for All-State Jazz Ensemble. District level auditions will be audio recorded by the District Director or the district’s Jazz Chair. See “Audition Process/Script.“
- These recordings will be submitted to the Jazz Division Chairperson for adjudication. See “Directions for District Directors.”
- Wind and Rhythm Players: Required scales include selected blues, major, chromatic, and “other” scales. A copy of the scales for each instrument can be downloaded below.
Prepared Material and Audition Tracks
- All audition material and audition tracks, can be found on this site.
- There is a 4-year rotation of prepared selections:
- All students will sight read a short selection.
- Check with your district director or jazz chair to find out what equipment will be available for auditions.
Additional information can be found in the LMEA Handbook
- The audition results for all instruments can be found under All-State -> Audition Results: All-State