Pictures courtesy Danny Izzo, Nouveau Photeau
LMEA sponsors six All-State Ensembles for outstanding high school musicians: Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Mixed Choir, Women’s Chorale, Orchestra, and Jazz Ensemble. These ensembles perform at LMEA’s Annual Professional Development Conference held in November. Selected students have the opportunity to perform under nationally recognized ensemble directors. The ensembles include:
- 9th – 12th grade students
- Student’s ensemble director must be a current LMEA member
- Students auditioning must be enrolled in a Louisiana-accredited high school and must be an active member of that school’s ensemble program. In a situation where there is no ensemble in the school, the student must be certified by the eligible music teacher at that school or a private teacher who is an LMEA member.
- Students are eligible for membership in only one All-State group.
*A member of Women’s Chorale may participate in Concert Band, Symphonic Band, OR Jazz Ensemble as long as rehearsal and performance schedules do not conflict.
- Specific information about audition requirements can be accessed through the division links in the drop-down menu.
- Band and choir have 1st and 2nd rounds audition.
Jazz band and orchestra auditions are recorded at the district level and submitted to the appropriate division chair.
Audition Results and All-State Member Information
- Results will be posted and linked to the drop-down menu as soon as they are finalized.
- Forms for students selected to an All-State ensemble are linked in the drop-down menu. It is critical that all due dates are observed.
- All-State music for students selected to an ensemble will be distributed to District Directors or their representative at second round auditions once all results are confirmed. High school directors should make arrangements to get their students’ music, forms, and other information as soon as possible after 2nd round as forms have strict deadlines.