Selecting Performance Music
- All orchestras classified 6-12A, B, C, F, H; A, AA, AAA, AAAA must perform three selections, two of which may be chosen from any source.
- The third or required selection must be chosen from the current Texas UIL Prescribed Music List for Orchestra, based on the ensemble’s classification:
|Classification||Texas UIL Prescribed Music List|
|AAAA, 11-12H||Grade IV and V|
|AAA, 11-12F, 9-10H||Grade III and IV|
|AA, 9-10F, 9-12A or B||Grade II and III|
|6-8A, B, C, F, or H||Grade 1 and II|
|4-5A, B, C, F, or H||3 Selections from any source|
|4-12G (1st year all beginners)||3 Selections from any source|
- No group will be allowed to perform more than one selection by the same composer.
- Any orchestra not covered above must perform three selections chosen from any source.
- All full orchestras must play one selection for strings only. If the same string section is also entered as a string orchestra, this requirement does not apply.
- Second groups (training groups) should be so designated on the entry form (example: AAA-second group) and may choose the required selection from the classification two grades lower in the Texas UIL List.
- Third groups may perform music classified one grade lower than the second group.
- Substitution to Prescribed Music Request Form (beginning in the 2018-2019 School Year)
Performance Time Limits
|Class 9A and below||25 minutes (3 selections)|
|Class B and above||30 minutes (3 selections)|
- Warm-up time for all ensembles will coincide with their performance time limits.
- An ensemble’s rating will be lowered by 1 division rating for any violation to the above time limit which causes the assessment performance to be delayed by 10 minutes or more.