Skip to main content
- Marching Band
- Auxiliary Units
- Percussion Line
- Drum Major(s)
Dates and Locations
- Some districts host a District Marching Band Assessment for their member schools. If your district does not host one, a school may attend an assessment in another district.
- Check your district’s calendar for the date and location of a Marching Band Assessment.
- Information is included on the entry form, found in the September issue of The Louisiana Musician or on this website.
Performance Time Limits
- The minimum show length is six minutes
- The maximum show length is fifteen minutes, including entering field, set up, and clearing the field after the performance
- Ratings will be designated as I, II, III, IV, and V.
- A trophy will be awarded marching bands, auxiliary units, percussion lines, and drum majors receiving a composite rating of I (superior).
Additional information can be found in the LMEA Handbook.
Please read it carefully.