Important Dates and Audition Location
- Audition date and location will be set by each district. Check your district calendar.
- All recorded auditions must be received by the Jazz Division Chair by September 21, 2016.
- $12 per audition paid to the district. District Director will submit a single district check for all audition entries to the Jazz Division Chair.
- All forms related to All-State auditions for jazz band can be found under All-State -> Forms: All-State
- There is a single audition for All-State Jazz Ensemble. District level auditions will be audio recorded by the District Director or the district’s Jazz Chair. See “Audition Process/Script.“
- These recordings will be submitted to the Jazz Division Chairperson for adjudication. See “Directions for District Directors.”
- Wind players – all twelve major scales and the chromatic scale as found on the All-State Scale Sheets.
- Rhythm players:
– All major scales two octaves in the following order: C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db/C#, Gb/F#, B, E, A, D, and G
– The chromatic scale two octaves: guitar and bass begin on low E; piano begin on any pitch
- All audition material can be found in the Jazz Conception series by Jim Snidero, published by Advance Music.
- There is a 4-year rotation of prepared selections:
- For 2016-2017 there have been cuts established for the recorded auditions. Only the established cuts will be recorded for auditioning purposes. Click on Cuts to Set 1 for 2016-2017.
- All students will sight read a short selection.
- Check with your district director or jazz chair to find out what equipment will be available for auditions.
Additional information can be found in the LMEA Handbook
- The audition results for all instruments can be found under All-State -> Audition Results: All-State